Thursday, February 16, 2006

Internet reviews

I had to laugh as I was surfing for a restaurant review for a particular place near Times Square in New York. I happened upon a place called Tuscan Square, which is right near where we're going to be. Naturally, I wanted to see what previous patrons had to say.

In one review, we see:

Stay away from Tuscan Square

"Very bad time at Tuscan Square:
1. Restaurant lost our reservations
2. Kitchen did not offer same dishes listed on the internet
3. Kitchen did not even offer special that we were told about 10 minutes prior
4. We were told that we should order soon because the kitchen was closing, it was 8:30pm!!!"


In the very next review, we find:


Delicious!


"We love going to tuscan Square for dinner regularly. The food is to die for! You can tell that everything is very fresh and homemade. The restaurant is beautiful, right down to the plates! I especially love the front room, with the ceiling painted like the sky and the huge chandelier. Service is very professional."


I suppose that I'm easily amused, but I love this kind of thing. Two different people; same restaurant; and two totally different takes on the place. Further proof that one man's meat....

To be fair, the reviews are posted roughly two years apart, so there may be a basis for the difference (new chef; change of ownership). Thankfully for my purposes, the majority of reviewers found Tuscan Square to be a nice place to eat, regardless of when they ate there, so it may be worth giving the place a try. Still, those nasty reviews do give one pause, don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home