Thursday, February 16, 2006

Walt Disney World -- The Preview

My wife, youngest son, and I recently came back from an often-postponed, week-long trip to Disney World, one of my favorite places to vacation in the world. As you can see elsewhere on this blog (and for those who know me), we do enjoy travel, and we've done a lot, both as a family, and with my wife and me as a couple.

As I've gotten older, I've wanted to see more and more places, and I enjoy doing so immensely. We've traveled to South America, to the Caribbean, to Europe, and to the Southern U.S. However, I've always loved Disney and have wanted to go back since my last trip in the early '90s.

We finally did so last month, and we had a blast. But I discovered something as I was planning our trip. There are a lot of folks out there who love all things Disney, and especially Disney World. I took some comfort in that discovery, because I thought I was the only crazy one. But there are web-sites, newsletters, travel agencies, groups and clubs all devoted to Disney, and I discovered that there is an abiding interest in both Disney World itself, and peoples' experiences there. For instance, Deb's Unoffficial Disney World Information Guide (aka AllEars Net) is an invaluable resource, and fun place to visit. Dis is another great resource, with discussion boards, reviews, and so on. From my visits there, I found some helpful, informative, and interesting blogs and other sites, like this one and this one.

Anyway, I thought that I'd throw my two-cents worth into the mix and write up our trip, from the planning to the doing. I figured what I learned might help other folks plan and enjoy and, for those like me, there's no such thing as too much information.

Of course, as anyone who's read this blog already knows, I'm the kind of guy who you ask what time it is and I tell you how to make a watch. As a result, my trip journal has grown and grown into a multi-page dissertation about planning and taking a trip to Disney World. Because I tend to go on (and on, and on) about things, I've decided to break the journal up into pieces, and post them separately. That way, you can pick and choose what you'd like to read and review. So, I'll start posting pieces, and you get cracking on that reading. Just like Disney World itself, there's a lot of ground to cover here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home